quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: performance numbers]

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:10:25 -0400

Hi Praveen --

The unit tests themselves don't do any performance measurements. We do
have a performance team that does a number of performance tests on each
build, including measuring startup time and footprint overhead of the
appserver.

Optimizing startup performance has been a key goal of the appserver for
quite some time (and has been significantly reduced over the past 18
months -- and it will be reduced substantially further in glassfish v2).
The same is true of our memory footprint. I think if you try it out
you'll find that we compare quite favorably to any other Java EE
application server in these areas.

-Scott