quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Better Software Conference

From: Aditya Dada <Aditya.Dada_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:31:37 -0400

Some of the questions that were asked were:
* how do I automate and create smoke tests for GUI applications, and
what tools can be used.
* how did you come up with the time requirements (among others) for
smoke tests?
* How can I introduce automation without disrupting the test execution
cycles?
* How can I manage tests that I hand off to the development team, and my
own as well? Doesn't supporting the development team take up too much time?
* In GUI environments, sometimes, enhancing the tests in the smoke test
suite is not possible. one may only add. How then, can one ensure the
time constraints?

I'll be more than happy to share my learnings on estimation with who
ever is interested. (Just give me an estimate of the number of people
interested ;-) )

-Aditya

--
"The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please divide by 0 and try again."