persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish 2.1.1 - TopLink (JPA1) Persistence Exception 7106 - String Encryption Mistery...

From: Mitesh Meswani <mitesh.meswani_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:18:17 -0700

I am afraid, I am also not familiar with the mechanisms described for
workaround. You should approach your Sun (now Oracle) support contact to
get further assistance with this.

On 7/7/2010 11:08 AM, devmardev wrote:
> Thank you for your response. You're probably right. I still don't understand
> why I hit the bug only from a servlet context and not from a generic main
> method but the cause of the exception seems the one listed in the bug
> description. I'm having other issues downgrading to a previous JDK version
> and the workarounds are a little bit obscure to me. Where should I add the
> following code?
>
> disabledMechanisms = {
> CKM_DES_ECB
> CKM_DES_CBC
> }
>
> How can I pass SunJCE as the provider in order to avoid the bug?
>

> Thank you very much for your help.
>

> Mitesh Meswani-2 wrote:
>
>> You might be hitting
>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6928796.
>> Look at the bug description for possible workarounds.
>> On 7/1/2010 2:12 PM, devmardev wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using NetBeans 6.8 and Glassfish Enterprise Server 2.1.1 ((v2.1
>>> Patch06)(9.1_02 Patch12)) (build b31g-fcs). I created a servlet and used
>>> Netbeans code generation features to imlement persistence using TopLink
>>> (JPA1).
>>>
>>> When I try to create an Entity Manager with the following code:
>>> EntityManagerFactory
>>> entityManagerFactory=Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("xyzPU");
>>> EntityManager entityManager=entityManagerFactory.createEntityManager();
>>>
>>> I receive the following terrible exception: Exception [TOPLINK-7106]
>>> (Oracle
>>> TopLink Essentials - 2.1 (Build b31g-fcs (10/19/2009))):
>>> oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException Exception
>>> Exception:
>>> java.security.ProviderException: update() failed
>>> oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:240)
>>> oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.base.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.getServerSession(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:93)
>>> oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.base.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:138)
>>> oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.base.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:132)
>>> oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:91)