persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA 2.0 Maven Artifact

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:02:26 +0200

Hi,

> the truth is that your persistence implementation will be vendor-dependent
> (you have to make a choice between Hibernate, EclipseLink and Kodo), so you
> will end up with vendor-dependent code anyway.

I do not understand why JPA 2.0 API JAR should be vendor-dependent. It
contradicts the whole idea of having a standardized public API.

I only need a JAR which contains standard JPA things - those under
javax.persistence.* packages.

With JPA 1 I'm successfully writing vendor-independent JPA code (by
using standard annotations only). Are you telling me that this has
changed in JPA 2?

Bye.
/lexi