persistence@glassfish.java.net

Re: Looking for a few good database users

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:19:57 +0200

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. I had some kind of a frustrating day with
NetBeans in combination with Sybase and Derby, so even if I don't get selected I
may inform you about my frustrations. I hope you won't consider that spam :-)

Here's the answers to your questions:

Country of Residence:
Netherlands

What is your primary application development tool?
JDeveloper, though I'd like it to be NetBeans. Unfortunately my company doesn't
agree. Yet!

What is the primary tool you use for working with databases?
Oracle SQL Developer, though I occasionally use Toad when SQL Developer messes
up. It's a pretty new product and contains many "features" that need to be
addressed.

How many years of experience have you had developing with databases?
About 5 years.

What databases do you work with?
Currently mostly Oracle 9.2 and Oracle XE though I also use Derby, MySQL and
PostGres occasionally. And I tried to connect to Sybase with Visual Web Pack and
Ent Pack but failed.

Thanks, Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"