persistence@glassfish.java.net

out of container JPA + EJB 3.0 + JNDI testing

From: sud <to_sud_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

I have a EJB 3.0 application that uses JPA and exposes CRUD operations to a database. The jta-data-source in persistence.xml refers to a JDBC resource defined in JNDI.

I'd like to use TestNG to run unit tests for this application. I believe I need to setup out of container tests. Since the EJBs are POJOs I can easily run test cases for them. But I don't know how to setup and access the JDBC resource defined in JNDI from out-side the container. I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks
-sud