embedded@glassfish.java.net

overriding dependencies in embedded glassfish

From: Pavel Bucek <Pavel.Bucek_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:47:01 +0200

Hello,

I'm Jersey (JAX-RS RI) developer and I'm trying to integrate embedded
glassfish into our test framework.

I did first tryouts with maven plugin and it works fine and does exactly
as I want, because maven has standard way how to override plugin
dependency, so I can have something like:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin</artifactId>
<version>3.0</version>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.sun.jersey</groupId>
<artifactId>jersey-server</artifactId>
<version>${project.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>

Unfortunately, there is no way how to do this when I want to depend on
embedded gf directly and control it from java code, not from maven.

Is there any support for overriding dependencies? I don't see anything
usable in API or documentation.

Thanks,
Pavel