ejb@glassfish.java.net

Fwd: EJB3.0 Local Interface Question

From: Mrutyunjay <mrutyunjay.swain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:48:43 +0530

Hi

To the question in glassfish:EJB FAQ,
I have an EJB component with a Local interface. Can I access it from a web
component in a different application?No. The EJB specification only requires
access to an EJB component's local EJB interface from within the same
application in the same JVM.

Why is this so? In practical, we can have different EJB JARS and WARS with
local EJB interfaces dwployed in the same application server. Even though
the EJB and Servlet run in the same JVM of the application server, why is
there no JNDI binding for local interfaces in EJB3.0? As such why can't we
do a DI for the local EJB even though they are in the same JVM. Using Remote
EJB in this case maynot be good as there is some performance penalty for
doing the marshalling and unmarshalling in case of Remote EJB's

--
Regards,
Mrutyunjay