ejb@glassfish.java.net

Is covariance return type allowed in implementaion of business method

From: Sanjeeb Kumar Sahoo <Sanjeeb.Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:16:05 +0530

The 3.0 spec says the following for a session bean class:
/The class must implement the bean's business interface(s) or the
methods of the bean's business interface(s), if any./

While implementing the method in my bean class, can I use *covariant*
return type? Can I just assume Java language rules of implements? Or is
there a chance that some container may go for stricter method matching
and reject my app? I am asking this because the methods that correspond
to 2.x remote or local interface, the spec requires that return type to
be *invariant*.

Thanks,
Sahoo