ejb@glassfish.java.net

default remote and local business interface from indirectly-implemented interfaces

From: Cheng Fang <Cheng.Fang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:58:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have a ejb3 session bean indirectly implements a @Remote interface and a
@Local interface, and the two interfaces are the only interfaces for this
bean class. I'm expecting these two interfaces will be applied as the
bean's remote and local business interfaces, respectively. But somehow it
failed to deploy with errors like this:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Target ejb xxx for remote ejb 3.0
reference xxx does not expose a remote business interface of type <the
remote interface>

Once I duplicate the implements clause in the bean directly, it deploys
fine, which leads me to think glassfish only gets the direct interfaces.
I looked at Class.getInterfaces() (whic I guess is used by glassfish), and
it seems only look at direct interfaces.

Could someone confirm from the implementation side this is the case?

I can give more details if necessary.

Thanks.
-- Cheng