docs@glassfish.java.net

Re: Documentation QA Requirements for GlassFish v3

From: <June.Parks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:56:30 -0700

If standard environment variables exist, we should use them, and they
would be preferable to replaceable text. There may well be such
variables. I'm not sure because I haven't documented them.

Page 117 of the style guide actually shows replaceable text being used
in a command line. Does this somehow not count as an example? Is it
considered to be something else, such as a syntax display?

I searched the style guide for an explanation of how replaceable text
should be used. There are mentions here and there, but no full
explanation. Not being able to use them in command lines especially
makes their use quite limited. I suspect this is probably not the
intent, though, because there are some replaceable text variables
defined for standard use.

June