dev@glassfish.java.net

[gf-dev] Need help on Glassfish spawning thousands of timer threads within start of server.

From: Atish Potdar <a.potdar_at_nihilent.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:41:24 +0000

Hello Dev,

We are facing issue on glassfish server. Recently we upgraded our glassfish server v3.1 from v2.x. The server nodes have setup in cluster mode using DAS. We are facing issue with one of the node which is creating thousands of timer thread which is used by glassfish GMSAdapterService, these threads are remain in the wait state and consume whole resources and brings the server down. We are running the glassfish on Solaris OS.

Can you please guide us on this issue and provide some resolution?

Thanks & Regards,
Atish

-**************Nihilent*************** " *** All information contained in this communication is confidential, proprietary, privileged and is intended for the addressees only. If youhave received this E-mail in error please notify mail administrator by telephone on +91-20-39846100 or E-mail the sender by replying to this message, and then delete this E-mail and other copies of it from your computer system. Any unauthorized dissemination,publication, transfer or use of the contents of this communication, with or without modifications is punishable under the relevant law. Nihilent has scanned this mail with current virus checking technologies. However, Nihilent makes no representations or warranties to the effect that this communication is virus-free. Nihilent reserves the right to monitor all E-mail communications through its Corporate Network. *** " *************************************************************************-