dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Review request] About GLASSFISH-20696

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:54:40 -0700

+ ConfigBeanProxy proxy = (ConfigBeanProxy)(event.getSource());
+ Config config;
+ if(proxy instanceof MonitoringService) {
+ config = (Config)proxy.getParent();
+ } else {
+ config = (Config)proxy.getParent().getParent();
+ }
+
+ String name = config.getName();
+ // We think that DAS's config is always server-config.
+ if(name.equalsIgnoreCase("server-config")) {

Is is true that the DAS's config is required to be named "server-config"?
Does other code depend on that?

Are config names case-independent? I wouldn't think so.

Why is the MonitoringService special? Shouldn't it just go up the parent
chain until it gets to something that's "instanceof Config"?