dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Review request] About GLASSFISH-19730

From: Marina Vatkina <marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:15:06 -0700

Hi Jeremy,

If you want to be called around each method invocation, there is already
a special (framework) interceptor available - see SystemInterceptorProxy
in the ejb-container. May be it can be extended instead with some proper
ordering added.

I thought you needed a common interface, but the patch contains separate
solutions for 2 containers (i.e. non-EJB or non-Web components won't
have that extra processing).

If you need to add a public interface to the EJB container to be
implemented outside the EJB container modules, please add it under
ejb-internal-api/src/main/java/org/glassfish/ejb/spi.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to share a writable EJB descriptor
instance with the outside callers.

Please don't call anything pre/postInvoke - there are too many of those
already. Have very specific names (or use interceptors with an
@AroundInvoke annotation).

HTH,
-marina