dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: About GLASSFISH-12975

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 16:32:25 +0530

Hi Tang,

Sorry for the delay.

I have looked at your github project. It looks good. Do you think we
should upgrade to Felix Web Console 3.1.4 so that we can take advantage
of the richer WebConsolerSecurityProvider2 interface of Felix Web
Console? That way we won't be limited to only "HTTP Basic
Authentication?" I guess we can include what you have done and then
improve it later on. I am in the process of finding out the contribution
acceptance process. Hopefully I will find the answers soon. In the
meanwhile, I noticed some of your files do not have correct copyright
and license headers. Pl. fix them and upload them to JIRA or reference
the new github URL from JIRA.

You had a question about injection not working for
GlassFishSecurityProvider. I guess you directly instantiated the class
from the bundle activator in which case HK2 injection manager didn't get
an opportunity to perform injection. Use of GlassFish.getService is alright.

Thanks for all the good work you are doing.

Sahoo

[1]
http://felix.apache.org/site/web-console-security-provider.html#WebConsoleSecurityProvider-WebConsoleSecurityProvider2

On Wednesday 18 July 2012 05:24 PM, Tang Yong wrote:
> Hi Sahoo, Shaun,
>
> Now, I have resolved the problem which I met.
>
> After investigating again, I found that using
> org.glassfish.embeddable.GlassFish(simple-glassfish-api module)
> can get AuthenticationService and integrate felix-webconsole's
> authentication with Glassfish JAAS successfully.
>
> My souce has updated into github and please review it.
>
> Then, I will start to investigate cdi-related rfp/bug, firstly, I
> will investigate http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18370.
>
> [A Request]
> If having time, I wish sahoo can explain why from
> felix-webconsole-extension module, can not get HK2 services and
> components using Injection way?
>
> --Best Regard!
> --Tang
>
> Tang Yong wrote:
>> Hi Shaun,
>>
>> Thanks your suggestion very much.
>> I have tried and AuthenticationService has still been not injected
>> successfully.
>>
>> I have confirmed that my working enviroment is ok because I found that
>> some class on other modules liking deployment-admin can get injected
>> objects liking BaseServiceLocator.
>>
>> So, whether from felix-webconsole-extension module, can not get HK2
>> components or not?
>>
>> --Tang
>>
>> Shaun Pei wrote:
>>> Hi Yong
>>>
>>> Did you try to directly inject the AuthenticationService into your
>>> code?
>>> An example using AuthenticationService is
>>> com.sun.enterprise.admin.util.GenericAdminAuthenticator.java, which
>>> directly injects the AuthenticationService at line 150.
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Shaun

>>> 1 Implement the felix web console's WebConsoleSecurityProvider