dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: What next to contribute?

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:38:45 +0530

Hi Tang,

I just shared some JIRA filters that I use to track issues in the areas
of osgi and osgi-javaee. If you login to JIRA, look for filters titled
"Issues reported in osgi category" and "Issues reported in osgi-javaee
category." They contain all issues, so you have sort them by "status."

Here are a few issues that immediately comes to my mind:

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-12975: Use glassfish admin realm
for authentication and authorisation of OSGi admin console

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18370: OSGi Services injected with
CDI have their exceptions wrapped..

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17155: CDI Events don't work when
fired by a OSGi ServiceListener

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16805: [osgi-cdi] support @Inject
@OSGiService Instance<T>

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-15265: Allow callbacks on service
lifecycle events in @OSGiService

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18896: [osgi/cdi] Allow criteria
to be configurable in OSGiService

http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-15365: [OSGi/CDI] CDI + OSGi event
admin

I am also interested in someone improving the development process of
hybrid applications. I mean the whole cycle starting from coding,
packaging, deployment and testing. We have written some pom.xml which
developers can extend to setup their project. We have also written some
utilities on top of pax-exam to make the testing process a lot easier.
You can see the testing utility and tests in fighterfish/test directory.
More about this in [3]. Arun & I had come up with some development
process for Eclipse & NetBeans as you can see in [1] & [2]. Eclipse
Maven support has changed since then and the eclipse development process
needs to be updated. Do you use Eclipse?

As you mentioned, OSGi/CDI RFP is also a good area to be involved in.

Thanks,
Sahoo

[1]
http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/screencast_38_developing_osgi_enabled