dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: About the GLASSFISH-16651

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:25:03 +0530

On Tuesday 10 July 2012 06:25 PM, Tang Yong wrote:
> Dear Hong, sahoo,
>
> I have modified the prototype and removed the container-related logic on
> DeployCommand and DeploymentContextImpl.
>
> Now, using the following way can deploy a wab:
>
> 1)asadmin deploy --type=osgi --properties Web-ContextPath=/test_sample1
> e:\test_sample1.war
>
> 2)asadmin deploy --type=osgi e:\test_sample2.war

Very cool. I browsed your code and here are some comments:

OSGiArchiveHandler cannot not know about WAB - WAB support is provided
by osgi-web-container, so the dependency needs to be broken. I think if
you take properties like the following, you can avoid the decoupling:

asadmin deploy --type osgi --properties uriScheme=wab queryParams="comma
separated name=value pairs"

then you can just create a new URI inside OSGiArchiveHandler.expand().
You can then obtain an InputStream from the new URI and use the same.

> In addition, about
>> DeploymentContext.getAppProps through the deployment lifecycle
> I have confirmed that when using "--properties
> Web-ContextPath=/test_sample1", "DeploymentContext.getAppProps" can not
> get the value of "Web-ContextPath" option. However, using
> "context.getCommandParameters(DeployCommandParameters.class).properties.getProperty("Web-ContextPath")"
> can get the value of "Web-ContextPath" option. So, I think that a bug
> may be exist in DeploymentContextImpl class.

You should file a bug.

Sahoo