dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: About the GLASSFISH-16651

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:36:41 +0900

Dear Sahoo, Tom, Hong

Let us to see the current gui deploying case.

When user plans to deploy a wab, firstly, he/she will select "Type" as
"other".

Then, image3.png appeared. When deploying wab, you must check the "OSGi
Type" . Then, from a user's pespective, if he/she can input some
wab-related metadatas liking "Web-ContextPath"(maybe should having
osgi-related metadatas ), I think that the conversion from war to wab
will be more easy. Of course, I also think that if redesigning the
picture to split "OSGi Type" into serval concreate Type such as "WAB" ,
etc, it will give user a more perceptual intuition of deploying wab.

Continue, once user has deployed a wab, currently, image2.png will be
displayed for the user. From the picture, "Engines" is osgi, and
"Action" only has "Redeploy" and "Reload". So, for a wab app, I think
that this is not enough. At least, "Action" should have a "Launch". Of
course, if "Engines" can also split into concreate Types liking "wab",
user will understand the app type more easily.

--Best Regard!
--Tang

Sahoo wrote:
> Once an OSGi bundle is deployed, it can be activated or deactivated
> using regular asadmin enable/disable commands. In that respect, it is no
> different from any other kind of application deployment.
>
> Sahoo
>
> On Monday 09 July 2012 08:40 PM, Tom Mueller wrote:
>> Earlier in the thread, Tang had said, "In addition, I also want to
>> investigate how to add "load" wab bundle on admin-gui, because nowaday,
>> once wab is deployed, on admin-gui, the wab can not be launched
>> directly." I thought that this was what your URI reference was about.
>>
>> At this point I don't think I have enough context to be able to give any
>> opinion about usage of the CLI in one way or another.
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> On 7/9/2012 10:08 AM, Sahoo wrote:
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> Could you please explain what you mean by a launch link?
>>>
>>> What I mean by server resolving the URI is that server would obtain an
>>> InputStream for the resource referenced by the URI using something like
>>> URI.toURL().openConnection(). That way, any registered URL handler in
>>> the server runtime can intercept to decorate the InputStream.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sahoo

image2.png
(image/png attachment: image2.png)