dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: maven pom.xml conventions

From: Romain Grécourt <romain.grecourt_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 02:47:12 +0200

Le 05/05/12 00:30, Bill Shannon a écrit :
> There's a bunch of entries in a pom.xml that provide metadata for a
> project
> that's unrelated to building the project, such as <scm>, <licenses>, etc.
Some of these metadatas are used for releasing maven projects using the
maven-release-plugin (e.g scm,)
Also, some of them are mandatory for deployment to maven central
(https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide#SonatypeOSSMavenRepositoryUsageGuide-6.CentralSyncRequirement).

> For a project that's a subproject of another project (such as a
> subproject
> of the GlassFish project), how much of this information should be
> included?
If they are not located in the same workspace but share a common parent
(e.g. jvnet-parent), I guess that they should override some information
(scm, website ...).
> Or is it expected that someone looking for this information will go up
> the
> tree of parent projects until they find it?
If there is pom inheritance, users can still look at the effective pom
(mvn help:effective-pom) rather than going up the tree.

Hope this helps,
Romain