dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: maven-jaxb2-plugin

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 21:21:54 +0200

Hi,

>> I am the author.

>> java.net does not provide Confluence and did not provide JIRA back
>> then, when I started the project.
>> As I was not satisfied with the CollabNet stack java.net was running
>> back then, I've established my own source forge with JIRA, Confluence
>> and Hudson.
>> Since Kenai, java.net does have a sensible issue tracker, but Wiki
>> still feels a bit outdated (no RichtWYSIWYG editing in 2012?).
>>
>> My mistake was that I have underestimated maintenance. The Tomcat
>> which runs my JIRA and Confluence lies down regularly and I lack the
>> resources to do anything about it. I just start it from time to time -
>> either when I notice that the server is down, or if someone complains.
>>
>> Bye,
>> /lexi
>

> I guess you now understand the reason to suffer with the poor wiki
> on java.net - when it goes down it's someone else's problem!  :-)

Right. :) Mea culpa.

> Thanks for restarting the server.

NP, feel free to ping me directly. I will eventually have resources in
July to solve the problem permanently.

> Does anyone know if there are other JAXB plugins for Maven?
> Or is this the best/only one?

Please see this SO question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2432859/difference-of-maven-jaxb-plugins

I can be certainly baised as an author but from my point of view my
maven-jaxb2-plugin has the most extensive feature set. It is far more
that just a wrapper for XJC, it has a number of own unique features
starting from schema resolution inside JARs up to native support for
separate schema compilation.

Bye,
/lexi