dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: unfriendly GUI notification in module of admingui (glassfish V4.0.22)

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:50:26 -0800

Thanks Jeremy for identifying the issue and providing a fix, and Andriy
for looking into it.
Agree with Andriy that this fix will not work and actually will cause
error in other screens when doing an update.

Actually this is a more general issue about how the console provide
error message in dealing with stalled elements, and not just for cluster
itself. There are 2 use case that the error message can be improved:
1. Retrieve and display inform for a deleted object, when user click on
a stalled tree node.
2. Update a deleted object. This is the case where user is already in
the info page and the object got deleted by other before the Save button
is pressed.
Currently, depending on the object type, the error msg maybe
informative, or just suggest checking server.log

We need to look at how to provide a general solution to deal with all
object type. I opened up
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18429 to track this.

thanks
Anissa.