dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: workaround for issue GLASSFISH-11254 doesn't work for me

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:38:35 +0100

Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann wrote, on 29/09/2011 17:07:
> Hi,
>
> Can't send JMS messages to a remote glassfish 3.1.1.
>
> I have configured my glassfish like Nigel Deakin describedit here http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-11254 on 02/Sep/11.

GLASSFISH-11254 is logged as fixed in 3.1, so no workaround is relevant. My note in that bug was just recording the
details of the fix.

(That bug meant that remote clients could not connect even if they specified the IP address)

> JMS Type: EMBEDDED
> Default_JMS_HOST: localhost
>
> When getting the TopicConnectionFactory the address list contains
> mq://localhost:7676 and not the expected ip address of the glassfish
> server instance.
>
> topicConnectionfactory.createTopicConnection()
>
> throws the exception
>
> com.sun.messaging.jms.JMSException: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [localhost:7676]. - cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Where is your client running? Is this an application client on a remote machine?

Nigel