dev@glassfish.java.net

jar file name name change did not propagate into javaee.jar manifest

From: vince kraemer <vince.kraemer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:22:47 -0700

Hi all,

I was playing with a simple servlet app that targets a recent trunk
build inside an NB trunk build.

All the uses of javax.servlet.SomeClassName were marked as 'unknown'.

I started to dig into this and noticed that the manifest for
glassfish3/glassfish/lib/javaee.jar references
../modules/javax.servlet.jar. That file doesn't exist.

The file javax.servlet-api.jar does exist. When I added that jar to my
projects classpath, the unknown class warnings disappeared.

I guess one of these two things will need to change: the name of the
javax.servlet-api.jar will need to revert to javax.servlet.jar OR the
manifest of javaee.jar will need to be updated.

Thanks,
vbk