dev@glassfish.java.net

Too many connections,

From: tanees <tayyabaanees_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 01:59:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have deployed a web service on glassfish v2.1 and i am invoking a method
of the web service remotely. I am using the proxy client automatically
generated by glassfish.
The code i am using for method invocation is as follows:-

hellows.HelloServiceService service = new hellows.HelloServiceService();
hellows.HelloService port = service.getHelloServicePort();

java.lang.String name = "Client";
String result;

for(int i=0;i<100;i++){
result = port.msg(name);
}

I have checked glassfish uses Http 1.1 keep-alive feature and i have read
that it uses persistent connections which can be reused by client and server
closes connections if timeout expires or max connections reached. I am
reaching the max connections limit which i have tried to increase by
increasing the queue-size in connection pool settings but it is of no help.
so i want to know if there is a way to reduce number of open connections?
I invoke the same function 100 times and for each invocation a new
connection is established for the same client for each request and a new
session is also created. I have checked this with wireshark and ip_conntrack
table. Is there a way to open one connection and reuse the connection for
requests from the same client. I have threaded consumers which invoke the
same service from the same machine. Now for 10 clients sending 100 requests,
i have 1000 connections and i instead want to have 10 connections for 10
clients. What should i do to resolve the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.