dev@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish + OSGi Remote Services

From: Ancoron Luciferis <ancoron.luciferis_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 17:51:52 +0200

Hi devs,

I just wanted to ask here, if anyone has already collected some
experience with the OSGi Remote Services (e.g. Apache CXF D-OSGi,
Eclipse ECF-RSA, R-OSGi, ...).

I liked the idea of Apache CXF D-OSGi that can generate everything out
of the service interfaces only. However, it gets stuck when trying to
use generics too much. In addition it seems quite buggy in some areas
and not well maintained.

So, please share any experience that you've made with such stuff.

To the background:

I'm trying to get an idea of what is really possible today (or the near
future) with OSGi in distributed (partly JavaEE, partly clustered) and
heterogeneous environments as I'll have to interface between
OSGi-enabled and non-OSGi services in Java, Python, C/C++ and/or other
languages (however, using a single mechanism to announce/discover services).

Thanx and cheers,

        Ancoron