dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: jar file name name change did not propagate into javaee.jar manifest

From: Ed Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 13:47:02 -0700

VK> I guess one of these two things will need to change: the name of the
VK> javax.servlet-api.jar will need to revert to javax.servlet.jar OR the
VK> manifest of javaee.jar will need to be updated.

It won't be reverting because this was changed as a part of the big
maven rename [1]. In general, it is best to depend on the *-api.jar
from your IDE because the one without the -api is really the
implementation jar.

Ed

[1] http://www.java.net/external?url=http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/Maven+Versioning+Rules