dev@glassfish.java.net

FindBugs and module reorganization

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 15:25:45 -0700

I discovered recently that some old FindBugs errors were reappearing.
Turns out that some files were moved from one module to another, but
the FindBugs exclude.xml files weren't updated to reflect the change.
I fixed that for the ones I got email about, but there may be others
out there that need to be fixed as well. If you stumble onto any of
these, please let me know.

Also, our overall FindBugs number has crept back above our goal.
Possibly this is the result of the above problem. Or possibly there's
lots of new code or new modules introducing new problems.

For example, a new module "Nucleus Grizzly jars Combining" was
introducing 273 new errors. Since there's no source code in that
module, I reconfigured it to skip FindBugs for that module.
Please help me find any other such problems.

Thanks.