dev@glassfish.java.net

How to Submit Bug/Upgrade Request?

From: sdoca sdoca <sdoca_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:07:17 -0600

Hi,I’ve been working with JMS for the first time and came
across much frustration trying to get a MDB to deploy.  I am using Glassfish 3.1.1 (build 12).  See this forum post for some background on
the issue: http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/glassfish-v3-cant-deploy-messagedriven-bean-missing-destination-jndi-nameGlassfish shouldn’t allow the Physical Destination Name on a
JMS Destination Resource to use invalid syntax.
There should be some sort of error returned when trying to save/create a
resource if the name is invalid and not wait until a MDB is deployed that uses
that resource.  An error during deploy
time implies there is something wrong with the code being deployed and not the
set up of the destination in Glassfish and wastes a lot of time trying to
figure out the root cause of the problem.Thanks!