dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin GUI related question

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 12:58:59 -0800

Hi Sheetal,

If you didn't setup password during the create-domain command, you
shouldn't see the login page.
I have just tried that on 3.1 b43

~/Sun/v3/3.1/pb43/glassfish/bin 162) ./asadmin create-domain domain3
Enter admin user name [Enter to accept default "admin" / no password]>
Using port 4848 for Admin.
Using default port 8080 for HTTP Instance.
Using default port 7676 for JMS.
Using default port 3700 for IIOP.
Using default port 8181 for HTTP_SSL.
Using default port 3820 for IIOP_SSL.
Using default port 3920 for IIOP_MUTUALAUTH.
Using default port 8686 for JMX_ADMIN.
Using default port 6666 for OSGI_SHELL.
Using default port 9009 for JAVA_DEBUGGER.
Distinguished Name of the self-signed X.509 Server Certificate is:
[CN=macau2.local,OU=GlassFish,O=Oracle Corporation,L=Santa
Clara,ST=California,C=US]
Distinguished Name of the self-signed X.509 Server Certificate is:
[CN=macau2.local-instance,OU=GlassFish,O=Oracle Corporation,L=Santa
Clara,ST=California,C=US]
No domain initializers found, bypassing customization step
Domain domain3 created.
Domain domain3 admin port is 4848.
Domain domain3 allows admin login as user "admin" with no password.
Command create-domain executed successfully.

I have no issue accessing the console for this new domain. I wasn't
asked any password.

I have also tried on the trunk build, (my workspace was 2 days old),
and I don't have any issue either.
Can you access REST by going to http://localhost:4848/management/domain ?

Anissa.