dev@glassfish.java.net

raising the bar on FindBugs

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:13:02 -0700

(This is a repeat of a message I recently sent internally.)

Thanks to everyone who helped fix our FindBugs errors. We're now down to
*zero* high priority FindBugs errors in the main source repository! Yeah!

To help us stay at zero errors, the nightly build will soon fail if there
are any high priority FindBugs errors.

Reminder: you can find any of these high priority FindBugs errors here:
http://hudson.glassfish.org/job/gf-trunk-findbugs/ (external)
http://gf-hudson.us.oracle.com/hudson/job/gf-trunk-findbugs/ (internal)

For 3.2, we'll be raising the bar with FindBugs, checking more workspaces
and more errors. You'll find the details here:

http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/FindBugs

With the changes described there, we have about 4000 error reports from
FindBugs to consider for 3.2.

*** Our goal for 3.2 is to reduce this total number to less than 2500. ***
*** Our goal for 3.2 is for each module to reduce their number by 33%. ***

Again, details are at the URL above, please read it.

Thanks again for your help improving the quality of GlassFish!