dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: start-domain fails to finish for 600 seconds

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:23:56 -0600

This would appear to be a bug. Line 147 has:

long id = currentManagedBundles.get(location).getBundleId();

The return value from get(location) is apparently null, so an NPE is
thrown so the thread exits with actually getting the autostart bundles
started.

A second bug is that the GlassFish bootstrap code doesn't detect that
the autostart bundles didn't start, and the server doesn't exit. The
way to pass the message to StartServerHelper.java is by having the
server exit when it runs into trouble.

Tom