dev@glassfish.java.net

Changes to "Change Control" for 3.1

From: Chris Kasso <chris.kasso_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:23:04 -0800

Folks,

As we near our Release Candidate build it is necessary to be more
critical of the changes we accept into 3.1. To that end we have
modified the "Change Control" process a bit:

http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/3.1ChangeControl

Specifically we added the following questions:

> 5. Does a work around for the issue exist? Can the workaround
> be reasonably employed by the end user?
>
> 6. If the issue is not fixed should the issue and its workaround
> (if applicable) be described in the Release Notes?

We also modified the existing first question to ensure the key
driver(s) for the fix are identified in the change request:

> 1. How bad is its impact? (Severity)
>
> * Identify why the fix needs to occur now:
> o Impacts product security
> o Represents a CTS failure
> o Is a regression of functionality or performance available in
> a prior release
> o Introduces an incompatibility
> o Likely to generate a customer support call
> o Significantly impacts the operation of a primary release driver
> feature
> o An in-your-face issue that will touch the majority of users

Any new change requests must take into account the modified questions.

Thanks,
Chris