dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: order of Habitat.getInhabitants(Class class) values?

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:41:29 -0500

On Jan 18, 2011, at 3:54 PM, Bobby Bissett wrote:
> Anyway, I'm thinking I should go through the upgrade forcing each of the 16 upgrade classes to go first to make sure they properly make their dependencies run first. But if there are problems, I'm not sure they need to be fixed in 3.1 if there's a way to know they won't happen out in the wild.

Of all 16 upgrade modules, only AdminConsoleConfigUpgrade fails now (now = post-rev-44560) if it runs first:

SEVERE: Could not upgrade security service for admin console: org.jvnet.hk2.config.TransactionFailure: Can't operate without <http-service>

This doesn't happen anywhere except in my twisted workspace, so it may not need to be fixed now, but I'll file an issue anyway. The fix is very simple:

    @Inject(name="grizzlyconfigupgrade", optional=true)
    ConfigurationUpgrade precondition = null;

It leads me to a related question about AdminConsoleConfigUpgrade vs AdminRESTConfigUpgrade, but I'll bother the admin list with that.

Thanks,
Bobby