dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: can't build

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 23:22:10 -0500

On Dec 9, 2010, at 10:11 PM, Sahoo wrote:
> On Friday 10 December 2010 07:36 AM, Bobby Bissett wrote:
>>
>> I'm fine with using the file, but if it used to work without it then maybe it's *supposed* to work without it.
> No, this should not be required, as I can see the artifact deployed in central repo:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/glassfish/pom/8/pom-8.pom

Seeing it in a browser and having mvn find it are 2 different things. I think I wrote that I could see that file with a browser, but mvn couldn't find it without a proxy being set.

Since I had never had a proxy set before, something has changed. (In the absence of a proxy, the URL you quoted is unreachable, but since the ws used to build I assume there was some other internal repo in the project files).

Thanks,
Bobby