dev@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1: Milestone 7 tonight

From: Nazrul Islam <nazrul.islam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:18:35 -0800

GlassFish Team,

A friendly reminder that the deadline for Milestone 7
<http://java.net/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10037> is
tonight* (11:59 pm pacific on Monday, Dec 13, 2010 to be exact).

Approval Process
*The source repository will be closed after Milestone 7 deadline for
regular commits. We will begin High Resistance Mode
<http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/3.1ChangeControl> during
Milestone 8. All changes/bug fixes (excludes Docs and Dev Tests) will
require an approval and code review from a peer. Please do not commit
changes without approval.

The goal of High Resistance Mode (Milestone 8) is to produce the Release
Candidate (RC) build.

*Next Steps
*Please scrub your remaining open issues, if any, using the criteria
defined in this wiki
<http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/3.1ChangeControl>. Refer to
section "Should I fix this issue now?".

"The following types of issues are good candidates to be fixed prior to
release:

    * Impacts product security
    * Represents a CTS failure
    * Is a regression of functionality or performance available in a
      prior release
    * Introduces an incompatibility
    * Likely to generate a customer support call
    * Significantly impacts the operation of a primary release driver
      feature
    * An in-your-face issue that will touch the majority of users"

After the scrubbing process, all remaining bugs
<http://java.net/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10121>
will be either excluded from 3.1 release or approved for checkin.

*BugSwat Meeting
*Engineering meeting
<http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/3.1EngMeeting>will be converted
to BugSwat meeting where we will be discussing the remaining bugs. If
you have open issues on your plate, please attend the BugSwat meeting.
Chris will send out more details on that soon.
*
*Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks much.
*