dev@glassfish.java.net

_at_ConfiguredBy implemented?

From: Chris Kasso <chris.kasso_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:14:48 -0700

I am developing a module that will *not* be included in the open source
edition of GlassFish. The module introduces some new commands as
well as some config to be maintained in the domain.xml. The class/interface
which implements the ConfigBeanProxy will not live in the
com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans package.

The little bit of documentation I found implies I can use @ConfiguredBy
to point to the class that provides the configuration for the
configuration consumer. But when I inject the config I'm seeing
an org.jvnet.hk2.component.UnsatisfiedDependencyException.

Looking at the HK2 docs for @ConfiguredBy:

http://javadoc.glassfish.org/v3/apidoc/org/jvnet/hk2/config/ConfiguredBy.html

there is a comment: ``TODO: still a work in progress''

This suggests @ConfiguredBy is not fully baked.

I've not been able to find any working examples either.

Should I be going down this path or is there a different approach I should
consider (e.g. ship the config bean as part of
com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans)?

Chris