dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: annotation scanning

From: Justin Lee <justin.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:57:25 -0400

  What I was thinking (at least in my initial "what if?" thoughts) is
that you'd have something like:

@WebSocketApplication(uri="/bob")
public class Bob { ... }

and then at deploy time, the container would detect that annotation on
the class and hand off the class ref to a handler in glassfish that
would then register this class/uri combo with the WebSocketEngine. This
would prevent developers from having to do sad hacks such as create a
servlet whose sole job is to do that work in its init().