dev@glassfish.java.net

asadmin set-log-level does not allow for Level.CONFIG

From: Joseph Fialli <joe.fialli_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:01:29 -0400

In order to debug network configuration within Shoal (multicast

address, bind address on multihome machines, ...) , Shoal relies on
CONFIG logging.
This is particular helpful when analyzing QE runs to ensure proper
configuration by just looking in the server.log files.

Currently, I am unable to configure the log-level to be CONFIG with
asadmin command.

> $ glassfishv3/bin/asadmin set-log-level ShoalLogger=CONFIG
> Invalid logger level found CONFIG. Valid levels are: SEVERE, WARNING,
> INFO, FINE, FINER, FINEST
>
> Command set-log-level executed successfully.

So my question is whether this behavior of disallowing CONFIG is
intentional?

I am currently working around the limitation by setting ShoalLogger to
Level.CONFIG in gms-adapter, but
I would like to be able to stop doing that and just have QE set
log-level to CONFIG via the asadmin set-log-level command.

-Joe