dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Identifying stand alone instance

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:16:38 -0700

On 7/8/2010 9:44 PM, Yamini K B wrote:

Depends on what you have.  If you have a Server object you can call getCluster() on it.  Or if you have a Domain  you can call domain.getClusterForInstance()
I have the Server object as well as Domain. Is it ok to conclude that, if server does not belong to a cluster it has to be standalone?

v2's isServerStandAlone() does a more thorough verification like configuration is standalone meaning it is referenced by this server only and that no other clusters or servers refer to its configuration.

I wouldn't call that "more thorough"  -- just different.  It's checking for a different flavor of stand-alone.  Stand-alone, by our definition, means "instance that does not belong to a cluster" - period.  We define 2 and only 2 types of instances -- stand-alone and clustered.

Thanks,
-Yamini

isInstance() won't work -- it returns true for both clustered and stand-alone instances