dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: debugging ClassNotFoundException runtime exception in hk2/OSGi?

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:54:20 -0400

On Jun 30, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> Is there some requirement that two modules can't export the same
>> package?
>
> No.

Thanks, that's a good data point. I see warnings about it in my maven
output now, so I think I'm not doing it correctly. Rather than decide
that today is the day I'll finally understand OSGi, we're going to
move that class back into the api package and break the impl-specific
code into a new class in impl. Thus, no packages split across modules
and hopefully OSGi will be happy.