dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Reloading a module without restarting the domain?

From: Chris Kasso <chris.kasso_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:44:16 -0700

On 6/29/2010 9:31 PM, Sanjeeb Sahoo wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Bundles in modules/ dir are not watched for changes while the server
> is running; bundles in modules/autostart/ are.

I'll give autostart a try.

> What makes you think even after issuing "update <bundle id>," the
> bundle was not updated?

I modified the output the module generated but I did not see the
modification after I performed the update or uninstall. I only saw the
change after the domain was restarted.

If "Active" module A depends on "Active" module B and B is updated what
does A use - old A or updated A?

I'd still like to understand what refresh vs update does as well as what
happens when you uninstall a module while other Active modules have
dependencies on it. Is this spec'ed out anywhere?

thanks,
Chris