dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [arch] add a new asadmin redeploy option or reuse existing one for the new EJB feature?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:08:06 -0700

Hong Zhang wrote on 06/29/10 09:42 AM:
> Hi, Shingwai
>> Just want a clarification.
>> 1. How do I know whether the --keepstate is in command line or not?
> If the --keepstate has the tri-state values, null/false/true, the null
> will mean it's not specified by the user in the command line.

Which you specify in the command implementation code as

        @Param(optional = true, defaultValue = "false")
        Boolean keepState;

Note the use of Boolean vs. boolean.

>> 2. if both --keepstate and --property keepSessions=<true|false> are
>> applied, then should the --keepstate take precedence?
> I think the keepSessions should have higher precedence. The keepSessions
> was introduced earlier, so this will make sure no behavior change for
> users who use the keepSessions property. Also the keepSessions is a web
> specific configuration, and usually specific configuration should
> override the more general configuration.

--keepstate should override.

No one using the property would have used the option, so if they add
the option it's probably because they meant for that to be used.