dev@glassfish.java.net

how to list info in the different JNDI namespaces

From: <paul.hendley_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:43:55 -0400

Hi All,

I've been trying to list all the JNDI names that are stored in each of
the different namespaces (e.g. java:comp/env , java:global ,
java:module, java:app etc...) I thought I would be able to do this by
executing:
> ./asadmin list-jndi-entries

...but I'm not so sure that this will give me all the jndi names which
exist within GF.

I expected the output of " ./asadmin list-jndi-entries" to contain alot
more JNDI names in the form of:
 java:global/ejb_App/ejb_module/name
     - or -
 java:comp/env/ejb/Foo

...but I really don't see this sort of JNDI info being output.

Also, in my server.log I see a listing for "Portable JNDI names", and a
couple JNDI names are listed in my server.log but I can't see these same
JNDI names/entries listed in the output when I execute:
> "./asadmin list-jndi-entries".

EXAMPLE (from server.log):
|INFO|glassfish3.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.ejb.com.sun.ejb.containers|_ThreadID=14;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Portable
JNDI names for EJB Tsr : [java:global/ejb_Tsr/ejb_Tsr_ejb/Tsr,
java:global/ejb_Tsr/ejb_Tsr_ejb/Tsr!com.sun.ts.tests.xa.ee.tsr.TsrHome]|#]

I'd like to see a listing of all Portable JNDI names (and even
non-portable) in my appserver. Any suggestions about if / how I can see all
this?

thanks,
-paul