dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [arch] add a new asadmin redeploy option or reuse existing one for the new EJB feature?

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:03:06 -0700

On 6/28/10 6:23 PM, Hong Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Ludo
>>> Ok, let's have the option supported only through the command line
>>> in this release and decide whether to add it in the deployment
>>> descriptor in next release based on the user feedback.
>> or could be easier and very generic to add a single field in the DD
>> that would contain a string which value would be the content of the
>> cli command params?
> Could you expand on this? Like a property element with a name (option
> name) and a value (option value)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Hong
For example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD GlassFish
Application Server 3.1 Servlet 3.0//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_3_1-0.dtd">
<sun-web-app error-url="">
<context-root>/WebApplication4</context-root>
<class-loader delegate="true"/>
* <deployment-params> --foo=bar --keeptable =true etc etc
</deployment-params>*
</sun-web-app>