dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: QL fails in check-logged-messages

From: Naman Mehta <Naman.Mehta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 08:53:39 +0530

On Saturday 26 June 2010 02:11 AM, Chris Kasso wrote:

> Naman Mehta wrote:
>>
>> hi tom,
>>
>> Right now, it won't fail QL otherwise hudson will remain RED and due
>> to this RE can not promote a build and SQE can not certify a build.
>>
>> My plan is to monitor this and raised the bug for respective module
>> with P2.
>
> A P2 seems a bit high for some of the issues this test may find. A
> P2 suggests the fix should be in by the next milestone. For example
> a misspelling of a log message while easy to fix is not a P2 issue. I
> think most of the issues this test would find should be P3's some
> maybe P4's.
>
> Can you also choose a consistent keyword to be put in the whiteboard
> field to make it easy to track these logging issues in issuetracker?

Make it as P2 to make sure developer can fix immediately and these are
the issues to be fixed easily. We need to close all log message issues
before MS3 if possible so we don't have much left after MS3. I will use
proper keyword as subject line(starting with Log: ) to differentiate
with other bugs.

Regards,
Naman