dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: REST API and slashes in resource names

From: Jason Lee <jason.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:23:29 -0500

On 5/28/10 1:21 AM, Ken Paulsen wrote:

> FYI, as a work around, I suggested Jason try double URL encoding to
> avoid any %2F's from appearing. Then double URL decoding to get the
> result. I haven't heard back from him, but I think this should
> side-step this issue in a safe way.Is it a global flag for Grizzly of
> per adapter? If global, this might introduce other side effects on
> GlassFish behavior as well, including user deployed apps...
Double-encoding circumvented the Exception, but then the system was
unable to find the entity (getEntity() returned null). It may be
possible to work around this, but I haven't dug that far yet.

That flag is global. It's a JVM system property set in domain.xml, so
it will affect the entire system, which is kind of scary. :)

--
Jason Lee
Senior Member of Technical Staff