dev@glassfish.java.net

support for obsolete options in CLI commands

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:52:29 -0700

I've checked in support for obsolete options in CLI commands.
This will be useful for v2 options that we don't plan to support
in v3, and for which it is reasonable to ignore the value of the
option if it is specified. (We allow it to be specified to retain
some compatibility with scripts using v2 commands.)

Use it like this:

        @Param(..., optional = true, obsolete = true)
        private String myObsoleteOption;

It's up to *you* to ignore the value of the obsolete option.
If you think the framework should throw it away, let me know.

The user will get a warning if they specify it on the command line.

webrev here (sorry, internal only):
http://javaweb.sfbay/~shannon/glassfish/webrev-obsolete/

Next up, option aliases, to allow renaming v2 options...