dev@glassfish.java.net

copyright 2010

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:01:05 -0800

Happy New Year, everyone!

Just a reminder...

If you change a file this year, *YOU* are responsible for updating the
copyright line in the file to include the current year.

I recently wrote a program to check that the copyright and license
header in Java source files is correct. I found *thousands* of
files that were wrong. Most of the errors were a simple failure to
update the copyright date.

Lloyd has fixed most all of these errors. Please, help us by carefully
checking that you've updated the copyright date before checking in any
files.

And since it's clearly not obvious judging by the number of mistakes I've
seen... New files *must* have a copyright/license header.

Any questions? Ask me...