dev@glassfish.java.net

Failed to lookup JMS factory (deployed on DAS) from service instance

From: Zhu OUYANG <ouyzhu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 00:04:50 +0800

Hi,

I met problem when I try to lookup a JMS factory deployed on DAS, from one
server instance of cluster. In other words, I always failed to lookup a JMS
factory from one container(JVM) when the JMS factory is in another
container(JVM). But lookup from a stand alone j2se application have no
problem. Also EJB lookup has no problem.

Here I did some test on Sailfin 1.0, below is the report. Since the EJB and
client lookup all success, I think my lookup code should be correct.

Have any one met this problem? Any comment is appreciated, thx.

Abbr.
    SIiC Server Instance in Cluster
    DAS Domain Admin Server
    Client stand alone client

JMS Factory lookup
    (Scenario: lookup a JMS factory & queue, write message into queue and
then read it out)
    SIiC -> DAS Fail (lookup fail) (some "Name not found" or "pool not
attached" error)
    DAS -> SIiC Fail (lookup fail) (some "Name not found" or "pool not
attached" error)
    Client -> DAS Success
    Client -> SIiC Success

EntityBean Lookup
    (Scenario: lookup the EntityBean in container and use it)
    SIiC -> DAS Success
    DAS -> SIiC Success
    Client -> DAS Success
    Client -> SIiC Success

SLSB lookup
    (Scenario: lookup the SLSB in container and use it)
    SIiC -> DAS Success
    DAS -> SIiC Success
    Client -> DAS Success
    Client -> SIiC Success