dev@glassfish.java.net

stealing jsp and servlet api jars for my source build

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:07:23 -0500

Hi all,

My module has a dependency on jsp-api.jar and servlet-api.jar (it
needs actual jars with these names). Can I use the jars that have
already been built by other modules? For instance, grabbing the output
of the jsp.xml build and copying that where my ant script wants it as
jsp-api.jar?

I see that it works technically, but wanted to check if there were any
objections to making my build order-dependent in the process.

Since the jsp build depends on servlet-api, I should be able to grab
that as well after jsp.xml has run. But I don't see where the servlet
code is being built at all. Can I just depend that it will be in the
local maven repo after jsp runs and grab it from there?

Thanks,
Bobby